Medical Bill Reviewer
We are currently hiring for several positions at this large, specialty insurance services company. The Medical Bill Reviewer is responsible for processing payments for workers compensation claims. After training, you will be reviewing medical bills that arrive under active claims to insure that they are coded and entered correctly. Coordinate with adjusters to clear up discrepancies and track down missing information. This is a dynamic and interesting job that’s perfect for the individual who likes to learn and enjoys research and analysis. Previous medical coding or billing experience is highly preferred, and all candidates will have to meet computer proficiency minimums to be considered.
M - F 7:30am - 3:45pm
Primary Job Duties
- Review submitted medical bills for treatment and match to existing claims.
- Make entries according to established procedures and research discrepancies to obtain accurate information.
- Process claim payments after approval and code charges under prescribed system for reimbursement.
- Proficiency in all MS Office software.
- Keyboarding speed of at least 40 wpm.
- Previous medical billing or coding experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated math competency and research skills.