Join a fast-growing, intelligently designed manufacturing company that has carved out a profitable niche in a $200 bil industry segment. Having recently opened its 2nd plant in the Northeast, our client is enhancing its internal financial management capabilities. This position is the key accounting role in the company with responsibilities for a broad array of functions within the business. The ideal candidate will demonstrate mastery in cost accounting and have experience managing financial reporting operations in a manufacturing enterprise. This is an excellent opportunity for an accounting/ finance professional who is ready for the responsibility of providing strategic support to a capital-intensive, growth business.
Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Competitive salary & benefits package commensurate with experience & qualifications.
Primary Job Duties
- Manage the accounting, information technology, tax and treasury functions & Manage annual audit process and relationship with the outside audit firm.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal control.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company strategies or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, product costing, etc. as required
- Review, analysis and preparation of monthly financial reports for CEO and Board of Directors.
- Assist in the formulating the company’s future direction, monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans and tactical initiatives, recommend performance measures and financial and tax strategies.
- Master’s Degree (M.S. or M.B.A.) in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Min. of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in audit, cost accounting, and/ or financial systems management roles.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with an emphasis on cost accounting, forecasting, planning and financial reporting. Experience in systems implementation and IT operations oversight is a plus.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have earned a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation
- Collaborative working style and effective communications skills will be prioritized in assessing potential matches between the candidate and the company.